Friday, December 4, 2009

1844 Suffok Gazetteer on my website from Google Books

I have started to add a new feature to my website for the places I have in Suffolk County, England. I have 148 parishes listed in Suffolk. With a click of a mouse you can go to the 1844 History, gazetteer, and directory of Suffolk, and the towns near its borders ... by William White. It gives a short description and principal residents of each parish in Suffolk.

The text above is a hyper-linked to the gazetteer where you can read the complete listing for Badingham and every other parish in Suffolk.

Now by going to a place on the website, such as Badingham, there is a google map of the area, a link to the 1844 gazetteer, and every person who was born, died, or married there. I have a lot of people associated with Badingham parish.

No comments:

Post a Comment