Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Family History Society's

Last year I joined the Suffolk Family History Society. I have belonged to a variety of society's over the years. I now belong to the Utah Historical Society. I once belonged to the Dumfries and Galloway Family History Society and the Fife Family History Society. I stay with a society for some years then move on. It is a great way to learn more about the area and what publications are of value, also if you share common names with other members. Some of these society's have excellent online websites. Fife family history society has quite a few records on there website. Suffolk family history society has search services for records in the county. I have added to my family from their search service for the time period 1837 to 1900, baptisms. They are adding more parishes to this services. As I am adding 1st to 4th cousins to my tree this is quite helpful.
The newsletters for society's provide a way to read what others are doing and post your own interests and stories. It is also possible to purchase parish registers on microfiche from the Suffolk Record Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment