Friday, March 27, 2009

digital records

I was at the library today and found some marriage records for some long lost cousins. With a database filled with cousins I don't think I will ever run out of them. I have over 600 different surnames in my TNG database. I made some digital scans of the marriage records. i am in the process of digitizing all my records. There a few digital microfilm scanners at the library. I am surprised that there are not more. It appears that many people are still attached to paper. It is hard to image that I can carry my whole genealogy, documents and all on a small thumb drive. I can easily make multiple copies for safe storage. With hundreds of records spanning a couple hundred years and cousins many generations removed it is a task to find a filing system with folders within folders to distinguish them and link them to my genealogy program. I think I may have found one.

No comments:

Post a Comment